When you are interviewing for a temp or temp to hire job through a staffing agency, you will interview with a recruiter from the agency. If hired, you may also interview with the client/company where you will be working.
It is important to make the best impression you can on the interview. Here are tips on how to ace a temporary or temp to hire job interview:
- Research the staffing company. Know what kinds of temp & temp to hire positions are available and what type of placement that company offers.
- Dress appropriately in neat, clean attire.
- Have your resume available.
- Know your availability. If you are a student, know the exact dates that classes start and end, and your class schedule.
- Be prepared for job interview questions, and spend some time thinking about your answers. (see below)
- Be on time, or a few minutes early.
- Smile, introduce yourself and offer a firm handshake to everyone you meet.
- Think of a few questions of your own to ask when you have the opportunity.
- Remember to send a thank you note or email message after the interview.
Example of temp job interview questions:
- Are you interested in short term temp work or long term, temp to hire work?
- Describe your ideal co-workers? Supervisor/Manager?
- How easily do you assimilate into a new environment?
- How would colleagues describe your personality?
- What hours are you available?
- Would you be willing to work different shifts?
- What work do you excel in?
- What work do you least enjoy?