Why should I use a staffing company?
Working for a staffing company such as FirstOption gives you flexibility, independence, and choice. Temporary work allows you to try out a prospective employer and showcase your skills and may provide a bridge to permanent employment. Many people choose temporary work as an employment option. You can select your work schedule and choose among a variety of diverse and challenging assignments. Whether you are between jobs and looking for full-time work, or you want the independence and flexibility of temporary positions, a staffing company is an FirstOption-lent resource.
Is there a fee?
FirstOption Staffing never charges a fee of any kind to applicants or employees.
What types of jobs does FirstOption have?
FirstOption Staffing finds jobs for candidates in a variety of fields including the following:
- Construction Trades
- Skilled Trades
- Information Technology
- And many more…
Who applies to FirstOption?
Our applicants have varying needs that may include:
- Relocated workers getting to know the local job market
- College students needing extra income
- Homemakers finding diversity through part-time work
- People returning to the job market after an extended break who wish to brush up on old skills and acquire new ones
- Retired workers needing to supplement their income or looking for ways to stay busy
- Career-change seekers looking for access to new and challenging fields
- Workers who are in between jobs and looking for exposure to major corporations
- Military personnel supplementing their family income and integrating into the local community
Do you have short-term, long-term, or permanent jobs?
FirstOption has short-term, long-term, temporary-to-hire, contract assignments, and direct placement opportunities that offer interesting work at competitive pay.
How do I apply?
Please complete the online application, print and complete the application paperwork, and call to schedule an interview time.
Interview times: Monday – Thursday 9-11 and 1-3, Friday 9-11 only
What do I need to bring with me when I come to register?
- You will need to bring two forms of ID for the I-9 form required by the federal government.
- Many of our customers ask to see a copy of a candidate’s resume. If you have a resume, it would be helpful if you would email a word copy to us prior to arriving, otherwise please bring the paper with you.
How long will it take?
- Application, paperwork, testing & interview, 1-2 hours. Depends on your computer skills and typing ability.
- If you complete the application and paperwork prior to arrival, an hour or less.
Will I have to take any tests when I come in to register?
Administrative/clerical candidates are evaluated on office skills. Depending on your experience, evaluations may include typing, data entry, accounting/bookkeeping, spreadsheets, or word processing. All administrative/clerical candidates are also evaluated on filing, spelling, grammar, and basic math skills. When requested by the customer, we may evaluate manufacturing candidates on such skills as fine motor abilities, manual dexterity, color blindness, and depth perception.
How old do I have to be to work for FirstOption?
Due to insurance requirements, FirstOption requires that you be at least 18 years old at the time of registration.
Once my assignment ends, will you place me somewhere else? Will you keep me busy?
If your performance on your previous job assignment was satisfactory and you completed your assignment satisfactorily, FirstOption staffing will work hard to keep you busy on new assignments.
How do I get paid?
Simply submit your time weekly for the hours you have worked. Your paycheck will be processed locally. You may have your check direct deposited to the bank of your choice or pick up a paper check from our office. Specific customers will have pay checks delivered onsite.
How long will my application stay on file?
If FirstOption has not placed you on an assignment within six months of registration, your file will become inactive. Please call to re-apply and update your account with us if it has been more than 6 months.